Monday, April 19, 2010

New Family Friend

For the past six weeks, every Friday I have climbed into the van, buckled a child in a seat, and driven down the road toward the same destination.  It has become rather monotonous but it is a necessary trip.  If I had some nosy neighbor, she might wonder why my 12 passenger van can be seen leaving roughly at the same time each Friday morning headed west and returning a couple hours later.  She may also wonder where my final destination is and may even try to follow me one Friday morning.

If my husband were an insanely jealous man, he may think that I have a desire to be at my destination each Friday morning because I am attracted to the person that my child and I am seeing.  Thus, rather than making appointments in as few trips as possible, he would think that I am intentionally dragging them out over a six-week period so I can see this person.  And if my children were foolish, they would think that Mommy is driving to the same destination every week because she thinks it is a lot fun and since her week must be boring, this place must be how she can end the week on a entertainment-high.

Hah!  Puhlease!!!  All of the above is ficticious save my routine Friday visits!  The trip I take each Friday morning is to the family doctor and I feel confident I can drive the route blind-folded by now.  I wish the doctor could see more than one child at a time but sadly, and a huge disappointment to me, he can only take care of one child during a visit.  This doesn't mean I only take one child per visit because infant brother must come along since Daddy can't nurse him!  It is a good thing that I like this doctor and his nurse because I would be highly irritated to waste all this time and gas money for wellness appointments six weeks in a row.  But, the good thing is that all children are healthy and no more visits for at least 5 weeks when once again I will make the trip for infant boy's 4 month check-up.

Ah, the life of having so many children who need to see the doc.  He is definitely our newest family friend...did I mention my husband got to make the trip last Friday too?  Was it because Daddy needed to introduce himself to the man I have seen every Friday morning for the past six weeks?  Nah, Daddy is not that silly!  He needed his physical too!  So, Doc has met the entire family and we're all healthy!  Well, wait, Mommy needs to go too...uh, sorry!  I think I'm just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment