Thursday, February 11, 2010

Starting Over

I originally began this blog last year as a way to force myself to write about my experiences being a stay-at-home mom who homeschools her kids. I thought my kids would find it entertaining and maybe even a bit educational when one day they looked back to read my perspective of what it was like to quit my teaching job and stay at home and teach them. But, life happened and the past 12 months were not easy, thus writing took a major backseat to my daily experiences.

Last week, my youngest sister (almost 10 years younger than me - I'm the oldest of 5 kids) sent me a link on my Facebook page about some woman who blogs daily regarding her experiences as a stay-at-home mom. My sister informed me that I should do the same because who wouldn't want to read about a crazy woman with 6 kids - all under age 9 - who is furthering her education, teaching and raising the kids, prayerfully supporting her husband (did I mention we didn't have jobs for 12 months?), and is involved in a myriad of community projects? I think my sister is insane but she got me to thinking and so here I sit, writing.

Because I want to be a good writer/blogger, several weeks I ago I joined a freelance writing community and today I was sent a most helpful newsletter from the FWJ community (here is their link http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/ ) with regards to making your writing matter. You have to be passionate about that which you are writing so why shouldn't I blog about my family? I'm uber-passionate about families - a God-created institution!

So, today I begin again - I renew my vow to blog about my experiences being a stay-at-home mom, homeschool mom, and devoted wife. I will share the good and the bad, lessons learned, and hopefully encouraging and witty comments to keep all us moms who are in the state of "motherhood overload" on the path to maintaining a happy, healthy, strong family unit! Here's to being MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment