Saturday, February 9, 2013

Motherhood Quotes


I decided to peruse the internet looking for humorous quotes about motherhood since this week has been sorta rough in terms of parenting - major motherhood overload status! :) I hope you’ll enjoy these quotes as much as I have and may they be a source of encouragement and laughter for you!

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.-Phyllis Diller (Can I get an "Amen" on that one?)

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.-Ogden Nash

Children seldom misquote you. They more often repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.-Mae Maloo (Oh how often this has happened to me...em-barr-a-ssing!!!)

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.-Lisa Alther

Sometimes when I look at all my children, I say to myself, ‘Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin.’ -Lillian Carter, at the 1980 Democratic Convention, where her son was nominated for a second term as US President

Adorable children are considered to be the general property of the human race. Rude children belong to their mothers. -Judith Martin

The lullaby is the spell whereby the mother attempts to transform herself back from an ogre to a saint. -James Fenton

Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.-Phyllis Diller

I’d like to be the ideal mother, but I’m too busy raising my kids.- Unknown

The mother of three notoriously unruly youngsters was asked whether or not she’d have children if she had it to do over again. “Yes,” she replied. “But not the same ones.”- David Finkelstein

No comments:

Post a Comment